FreeBSD and ISCSI, Strange Problem

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Fri Oct 17 21:37:34 UTC 2008

In the last episode (Oct 17), Daniel Dias Gonçalves said:
> Thanks Danny,
>
> The patch work fine, but i have new problem:
>
> Have two servers 7.0R with iscsi-2.1.
> They are mounted the same directory way iSCSI. When I create an archive
> inside of this directory in the server A, the server B don't show the
> archive, if in the server B to unmount and mount the directory again,
> the archive created in the server A appears It.
>
> Where it is the problem?

You can't mount the same UFS filesystem on two servers at once.  You'll
end up with a horribly-corrupted filesystem, since neither one is aware
of changes the other makes. You would need a shared-storage cluster
filessytem to be able to do that (or mount the volume read-only on both
servers).

Mount the filesystem on one server only, then access it via NFS from
the other.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson at allantgroup.com