strftime's %c warning?

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Wed Oct 8 20:20:19 UTC 2008

I'm trying to use the %c formatter in strftime(3), documented as:

"
     %c    is replaced by national representation of time and date.
"

... which looks useful, except that in code in which WFORMAT is defined
as "1" I get this error:

str.c: In function 'ltime':
str.c:141: warning: '%c' yields only last 2 digits of year in some
locales on non-BSD systems
*** Error code 1

Since the code I'm developing is definitely BSD-only (patch to pkg_*
infrastructure), should I:

a) stop using locale-based %c and choose my own date/time format
b) remove WFORMAT from the Makefile?

The same warning/error is generated by %x and %X, and %+ described in
the strftime man page isn't recognized.