continuous backup solution for FreeBSD

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Wed Oct 8 20:19:50 UTC 2008

Bakul Shah <bakul at bitblocks.com> writes:
> "Dag-Erling Smørgrav" <des at des.no> writes:
> > Bakul Shah <bakul at bitblocks.com> writes:
> > > From their http://forum.r1soft.com/CDP.html page:  [...]
> > You completely missed the mark.  I know what R1Soft's product is.
> > What I want to know is what needs to be done to port it to FreeBSD.
> Sorry, my mindreader is broken.  If this is what you really wanted to
> know, why not ask R1Soft?  -hackers is not going to shed any light on
> the specifics of R1Soft's product.  I replied to say that implementing
> a similar solution is not hard (I am sure you knew that too but I
> wasn't responding just to you).  It may even be worth doing.

I didn't actually ask a question, and I don't mind that you don't have
the answer.  What I do mind is that you interpreted my statement of
frustration as a question, and provided a completely irrelevant answer.
You don't need to read minds to understand this, just English.

If you take a step back and go through and read the entire thread again
from the start, though, I think you will understand my frustration.
Evren asked a question which everybody else is doing their best not to
answer in as many words as possible; and when I try to answer, I find
out that Evren doesn't really know what the question is.

This is where - in an ideal world - somebody at R1Soft would jump in and
start asking the right questions...

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no