FW: i386/127710: My driver PCI probe is not called for my correspondingdevice ID and Vendor ID

Bagavathy Kumar Mahendran bagavathykumar.m at hcl.in
Wed Oct 1 12:50:30 UTC 2008

Dear All,
             Iam writing a new driver for a SAS/SATA Controller having a
Class ID -0x01
Sub Class - 0x07
Programming Interface - 0x00

Hence instead of my probe function the Static build Card Bus Driver cbb
is attaching just by simply checking sub class 0x07 and programming
interface 0x00.hence my probe gets failed. Kindly help me in resolving
this .what I thought is to add the card bus driver a checking of CLASS
ID in its pci probe function.

Thanks

With Regards,
Bagavathy kumar .M