mounting Mac OS .dmg files?

Bob Bishop rb at gid.co.uk
Sun Nov 23 03:39:27 PST 2008

Hi,

On 22 Nov 2008, at 11:00, Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> Since the underlying OS of Mac OS is FreeBSD I'm wondering whether
> itr is possible to mount a
> .dmg file as it is used in Apple software distribution for the Mac
> OS. I would like to install an
> Apple iPhone configuration utility on my FreeBSD box
> (iPhoneConfigurationUtility.dmg). It consists of a
> web application that is supposedly capable of doing updates of Apple
> iPhones through a web service.
> (good for company wide distribution of address book information and
> other data that iPhones can hold).

If you want to see what the package contains, try building dmg2img
from here:
http://vu1tur.eu.org/tools/

Use that to extract the HFS image from the package, then examine it
one of the HFS tools from ports/emulators,

But as others have mentioned, you may not be able to do much with the
contents.

--
Bob Bishop
rb at gid.co.uk