How can I add new binaries to the mfsroot image?

Stanislav Sedov stas at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 17 02:28:25 PST 2008

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 14:59:29 -0800
"Peter Steele" <psteele at maxiscale.com> mentioned:

> What's weird is that I can open a fixit shell after the install.cfg
> script fails and then run the same commands interactively and they work
> fine. Why would work these commands work in an interactive fixit shell
> but not during the automated sysinstall session?

I'm not sure, but probably the installation CD doesn't carry shared
libraries at all? All binaries in /stand are static-linked ones.

You could also try scripts from mfsbsd project:
http://people.freebsd.org/~mm/mfsbsd/

These works for me fine for building custom installation CDs.

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE