ukbd attachment and root mount

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Wed Nov 12 05:33:52 PST 2008

on 12/11/2008 15:21 Jeremy Chadwick said the following:
> I don't know what to say to ***ANY*** of the above, other than this:
>
> No one is doing anything about this problem because there does not
> appear to be a 100% reproducible always-screws-up-when-I-do-this
> scenario that happens to *every FreeBSD user*.
>
> Until we settle down, stop replying to Emails with one-liner injections,
> and compile a list of test scenarios/cases that people can perform, and
> get these people to provide both 1) full hardware details, 2) full
> kernel configuration files, 3) full loader.conf files, and 4) full
> device.hints files, we're not going to get anywhere.

Well I started two separate threads.
This thread is about one very specific issue - ukbd attaching after
mountroot code.
Again, in this thread I am only interested in getting ukbd to attach
before the mount root.
I am not interested in BIOS, boot chain, etc. I am not even interested
in speculations about whether keyboard would work or not at mountroot
prompt if it were attaching before it.

--
Andriy Gapon