/usr/src/Makefile instructions

KAYVEN RIESE kayve at sfsu.edu
Fri May 23 12:49:50 UTC 2008

My professor told me about instructions being in /usr/src/Makefile
for rebuilding my world.  I feel better about following them because
they are close to the command line to me and can't be out of date, right?

I am looking at this list of makes:

# check-old           - List obsolete directories/files/libraries.
# check-old-dirs      - List obsolete directories.
# check-old-files     - List obsolete files.
# check-old-libs      - List obsolete libraries.
# delete-old          - Delete obsolete directories/files/libraries.
# delete-old-dirs     - Delete obsolete directories.
# delete-old-files    - Delete obsolete files.
# delete-old-libs     - Delete obsolete libraries.
#

I am wondering if I should try these out, or will it just be
taken care of with the "cannonical" methods.  I seem to have lots
of big problems with my configuration.. I don't know.  Things
work, but dmesg has errors, and many ports fail and their makes,
even if they succeed have errors and warnings.

If I "delete-old-.." will I be messing things up?