Help with copytree code

Beech Rintoul beech at freebsd.org
Mon May 19 07:55:28 UTC 2008

On Sunday 18 May 2008, Beech Rintoul said:
> This copytree code is from bsd.port.mk, and I've been asked to try
> and find a fix. This is very handy for installing a whole tree
> (like a web app) keeping everything intact. It wasn't designed to
> copy to a populated directory so it affects everything in that dir,
> not just what's being installed. We need to keep it's
> functionality, but a fix is more than I can come up with. So I
> thought I'd ask you code gurus to help. If this can be fixed many
> will thank you!
>
> I attached it so it won't get line wrapped.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Beech

Looks like it got stripped off, so I posted it here:

http://www.alaskaparadise.com/freebsd/copytree_code

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech at FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/7.0R/announce.html