GSoC Student

Victor Hugo Bilouro bilouro at bilouro.com
Sat May 17 01:34:18 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm Victor Hugo *Bilouro*, GSoC participant.

I'll be working on tcptest. It's name came from TCP/IP Regression test suite.

As a testing tool it can:
*be a conformance test
*test a bug already fixed (regression test - one test for each fixed bug)
*test a new feature (help protocol developer)
*simulate certain cases

It will be build on top of pcs.sf.net (Package Construction Set)
"PCS is a set of Python modules and objects that make building network
protocol code easier for the protocol developer. The core of the
system is the pcs module itself which provides the necessary
functionality to create classes that implement packets. "

My mentor is George V. Neville-Neil, no comments. :-)

GSoC started a month ago, by this time, I had almost all environment
done, and I'm spending several times reading and often playing with
pcs. (cool)

Books i bought:
(*)TCP/IP Illustrated Volume 1 (far the best) Stevens
(*)TCP/IP Guide Charles M.Kazierok (www.tcpipguide.com)
(*)Internetworking with tcp/ip

I will post on __link__  links, books, status report, futures releases
information, news, everything about the project.

__link__: http://wiki.freebsd.org/VictorBilouro/TCP-IP_regression_test_suite

Regards
--
Victor Hugo Bilouro