BDB corrupt - patches

Tim Kientzle kientzle at freebsd.org
Wed May 14 15:48:53 UTC 2008

Jeff Anton wrote:
> Some years ago I mailed patches out to someone regarding
> Berkeley DB 1.85 btree problems.  The two issues which come
> to mind are...
>
> 1) The page split position is improperly computed. ...
> 2) The record put code has a "last page put to" member ...
>
> I'm going to have to dig up these fixes, but presuming
> I do, who should be alerted?  Just file a bug?  Recreation
> is extremely difficult.

Definitely file a PR and include the patches.  If nothing
else, that will help ensure they don't get lost.

When you do file that PR, notify this list.  Given how
heavily the base system uses DB 1.85, I think there will
be a lot of interest in anything that improves the
stability and reliability of that code.

Cheers,

Tim Kientzle