53 ECONNABORTED Software caused connection abort. A connection abort was caused internal to your host machine.

Stefan Lambrev stefan.lambrev at moneybookers.com
Wed May 14 10:59:48 UTC 2008

Greetings,

I'm running web balancer pound-2.3.2 on FreeBSD 6.x and I see strange
error message:
HTTP accept: Software caused connection abort.

The code that triggers this is:

                    for(lstn = listeners, i = 0; lstn; lstn =
lstn->next, i++) {
                        if(polls[i].revents & (POLLIN | POLLPRI)) {
                            memset(&clnt_addr, 0, sizeof(clnt_addr));
                            clnt_length = sizeof(clnt_addr);
                            if((clnt = accept(lstn->sock, (struct
sockaddr *)&clnt_addr,
                                (socklen_t *)&clnt_length)) < 0) {
                                logmsg(LOG_WARNING, "HTTP accept: %s",
strerror(errno));

Any ideas where should I look to understand better the error message and
why errno 53 was returned?

--

Best Wishes,
Stefan Lambrev