MODULES_OVERRIDE magic needed

Danny Braniss danny at cs.huji.ac.il
Mon Mar 31 23:36:38 PDT 2008

> The following works fine here note its MODULE'S' not MODULE
>
> makeoptions MODULES_OVERRIDE="linux linprocfs acpi nfsclient nfsserver nullfs accf_http"
>
>     Regards
>     Steve

> > hi,
> > I'm trying to compile only a few kernel modules, but
> > using MODULES_OVERRIDE I can only select one module.
> > MODULE_OVERRIDE="unionfs"
> > or
> > MODULE_OVERRIDE="if_sis"
> > is ok, but
> > MODULE_OVERRIDE="if_sis unionfs"
> > failes with either
> > if_sis: not found
> > if it's defined in src.conf, or with
> > make: don't know how to make if_sis
> > from the command line.
> >
> > danny

thanks to all who replied! I was getting frustrated,  what I forgot to mention
was that the 'command' was run from a shell file, and when I tried it directly
it worked, so eval to the rescue, in my shell file now:
	eval "/usr/bin/time $cmd"
where cmd was built starting from
	cmd="MODULES_OVERRIDE=\"sis wlan ndis unionfs\""
thanks again,
	danny