Multiple netgraph threads

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Sun Mar 30 02:13:36 PDT 2008

Hi,

Have you thought about nodes that lock the same mutex must be run on the same
thread else for example one thread will run while another will just waits for
a mutex ?

You can achieve this by grouping nodes into a tree, and the node at the top of
the tree decides on which thread the nodes in the tree should be run.

How does your patch handle this ?

Also see recent discussion about multithreaded callouts
on "freebsd-arch at freebsd.org". Subject "timeout/callout small step forward".

--HPS