Summer of Code 2008 Project Ideas

Stefan Sperling stsp at stsp.name
Wed Mar 19 22:15:15 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 10:17:21PM +0100, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> You can
> also come up with your own project ideas if we have missed one :)

I've got one: Implement wake on lan support for every ethernet
device driver in the tree.

ifconfig in -CURRENT already supports configuring WOL,
but there's not a single driver yet that makes use of this.

There should be enough information to get interested people going
at http://wiki.freebsd.org/WakeOnLan

Apart from if_vr patches by Yongari (linked from the wiki page) and
some other patches that sit in a few peoples' mailboxes, nothing has
been happening around this in a while.

I myself am busy working on Subversion atm and will start working
on my Bachelor theses starting next semester (April-Juli), so I'm out :/
I'd be available to answer questions if necessary, however.

--
stefan
http://stsp.name                                         PGP Key: 0xF59D25F0