Summer of Code 2008 Project Ideas

Igor Mozolevsky igor at hybrid-lab.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 23:38:40 UTC 2008

On 17/03/2008, Murray Stokely <murray at freebsd.org> wrote:
> The FreeBSD Project was again accepted as a mentoring organization for
>  the Google Summer of Code.  The student application period will begin
>  next week so if you have any ideas for great student projects, please
>  send them to soc-admins at FreeBSD.org or post them here for discussion.

[snip]

How about tick()-less kernel - replace dependance on regular hearbeat
with a delta-queue that could be used to program the time of the next
scheduled interrupt? You could start with the delta-queue pretending
to be a regular heart beat then work on changing deltas between
events... I'm sure there was a mention of something similar in
Linux...

Cheers,
Igor