Review please: pfil FIRST/LAST

Vadim Goncharov vadim_nuclight at mail.ru
Mon Mar 17 10:29:26 UTC 2008

Hi Max Laier!

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 00:05:36 +0100; Max Laier wrote about 'Review please: pfil FIRST/LAST':

> attached is a small diff to allow pfil(9) consumers to force a sticky=20
> position on the head/tail of the processing queue.  This can be used to=20
> do traffic conditioning kind of tasks w/o disturbing the other filters. =20
> I will need this to implement carp(4) ip based load balancing.  While=20
> here I also removed a few paragraphs in BUGS which are no longer true=20
> (since we are using rmlocks for pfil(9)).

> I'd appreciate review of the logic in pfil_list_add - just to make sure I=20
> didn't botch it.  Thanks.

Could it be done a way which will allow user a simple configuration of filter
plly ordering? E.g. to specify that order must alway be "ipfw, then pf".

--
WBR, Vadim Goncharov. ICQ#166852181       mailto:vadim_nuclight at mail.ru
[Moderator of RU.ANTI-ECOLOGY][FreeBSD][http://antigreen.org][LJ:/nuclight]