vkernel & GSoC, some questions

Jordan Gordeev jgordeev at dir.bg
Sat Mar 15 13:28:14 UTC 2008

Hello!
I am a student who considers applying for Google's Summer of Code programme.
One of my ideas for a GSoC project has the following synopsis:

    Add virtual kernel (vkernel) support to FreeBSD for the i386 and
amd64 architectures.

The vkernel support in question is the one found in DragonFlyBSD.
I wonder if vkernel support would have its place among the myriad of
virtualisation technologies, and if it would aid kernel hackers in their
kernel development work.
I also wonder if anybody would be interested in mentoring this.