new SATA chipsets support

Andrey V. Elsukov bu7cher at yandex.ru
Thu Mar 13 21:01:32 UTC 2008

13.03.08, 18:51, "Игорь Красносельский" <igor at gulfstream.by>:

> Hi people,
> I am going to build my new file- and gateway server and i wish to use any of brand new motherboards for it, such as ASUS M2N-SLI deluxe (nforce 570 SLI chipset) or Gigabyte MA790X-DS4 (AMD 790X / AMD SB600 chipset), but i can't find any information of supporting that chipsets in your current 7.0 release. Are you going to include support of that chips to your next releases, and if yes, when? Or maybe i can find that drivers somewhere else?
> I think that drivers from ASUS (http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-en&model=M2N-SLI%20Deluxe) may not work with FreeBSD?

Hi, Igor.

FreeBSD works well with nForce 570. It supports AMD SB600 too, but if you BIOS dosn't
have an AHCI option, then it will work only with UDMA33 speed. But workaround for this
problem was commited to CURRENT last week. So, i think it will be in STABLE soon.

Note: seems that there are some problems with nForce chipsets and FreeBSD 6.3/7.0 on
MSI motherboards. So, be careful.

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov