Bugs On 64-Bit Version 6.3

Frank Mitchell mitchell at wyatt672earp.force9.co.uk
Sun Mar 9 15:24:19 UTC 2008

MOUNTING EXT2FS:

I dual-boot with OpenSUSE, sharing data on an Ext2 Partition. The machine is
an AMD Sempron with SATA Hard Disk. After installing FreeBSD 64-bit for AMD,
I suddenly got problems with mount_ext2fs. Thus:

"mount_ext2fs /dev/ad4s2 /mnt" , with various options can yield:

"Operation not permitted"
"kldload: unsupported file type"

I haven't noticed a pattern yet, but I discovered a simple solution:

"umount /mnt"

Which can work without complaining when I didn't know anything was mounted,
like immediately after reboot.

MEMORY LOCKING:

Recompiling my root-privileged program, I get a System Call failure for:

mlockall(MCL_CURRENT);

errno says: "Resource temporarily unavailable"

But mlock(); works.

BIOS TIME SETTING:

System Time keeps getting set back, typically by 5 minutes plus. I can't see
another explanation yet except my new FreeBSD Installation.

Faictz Ce Que Vouldras: Frank Mitchell.