pkg_add -r doesn't process sub dependencies?

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Sat Mar 8 01:02:50 UTC 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "walt" <w41ter at gmail.com>
> If you are using RELENG_7, pkg_add is looking in the wrong place
> on the remote server for packages.  I just submitted a patch on
> the -STABLE list for this problem.

I'm actually using PACKAGESITE which is meant to bypass all path
calculations but it simply doesn't. I've now found PKG_ADD_BASE
which seems to fix this issue but is not documented anywhere.

I had to dig around in the code to find it, where its commented
as:-
/* Special tip that sysinstall left for us */

It seems really strange that the default behaviour of pkg_add -r
can't deal with sub dependencies properly without this undocumented
feature.

    Regards
    Steve