mpt driver: check raid status

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Wed Mar 5 11:34:05 UTC 2008

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008, Cristiano Deana wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using a 7-RELEASE on a Dell PowerEdge 1955, using a mpt driver to
> manage a hardware raid1.
> Is there any way to check the status of the raid?

Not really.

> Now it's running on a single disk (the second one failed and has been
> removed), and the only thing i can see are:
> mpt0: mpt_cam_event: 0x16
> mpt0: mpt_cam_event: 0x12
> mpt0: mpt_cam_event: 0x16
> mpt0: mpt_cam_event: 0x15
> mpt0: mpt_cam_event: 0x21
> mpt0: mpt_cam_event: 0x15
> mpt0: mpt_cam_event: 0x21
> mpt0: mpt_cam_event: 0x15
> mpt0: mpt_cam_event: 0x21
>
> in messages.
>
> Thanks in advance

mpt0: mpt_cam_event: 0x16       MPI_EVENT_SAS_DISCOVERY

         most likely started

mpt0: mpt_cam_event: 0x12       MPI_EVENT_SAS_PHY_LINK_STATUS
mpt0: mpt_cam_event: 0x16       MPI_EVENT_SAS_DISCOVERY

         most likely done

mpt0: mpt_cam_event: 0x15       MPI_EVENT_IR2

         that could be LD/PD/... state changed

mpt0: mpt_cam_event: 0x21       MPI_EVENT_LOG_ENTRY_ADDED
mpt0: mpt_cam_event: 0x15       MPI_EVENT_IR2
mpt0: mpt_cam_event: 0x21       MPI_EVENT_LOG_ENTRY_ADDED
mpt0: mpt_cam_event: 0x15       MPI_EVENT_IR2
mpt0: mpt_cam_event: 0x21       MPI_EVENT_LOG_ENTRY_ADDED

Giving more details would depend on a subtype which is dependend
on the event.

What we's really need is someone with the specs to write the
code and add the printfs, etc.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                 bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT
Software is harder than hardware  so better get it right the first time.