Comments on pmake diffs for building on Linux

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Tue Mar 4 19:48:41 UTC 2008

On 2008-03-04 09:58, David O'Brien <obrien at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 10:42:56PM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
>>  #include "arch.h"
>> +#include "config.h"
>
> Are you able to use "CFLAGS+= -include config.h" instead?
> If so, that would mean less .[ch] changes.

Not with Sun Studio compilers on Solaris.

There's a fair amount of things that can be done without _any_ source
code change at all, but there's also a limit to what can be done.  My
$dayjob includes maintaining programs on Solaris, which built with
Studio compilers, so I've already bumped against things like this :(