Lack of Flash support is no longer acceptable. Bounty established...

Alex Goncharov alex-goncharov at comcast.net
Wed Jun 25 02:31:43 UTC 2008

,--- You/Mark (Tue, 24 Jun 2008 13:41:07 -0600) ----*
| I'm not at my box right now, but it went something like this:
| I might write up some better instructions when I have the time, but
| I really don't have a good place to put them.
`---------------------------------------------------*

The instructions you've given are quite adequate and VERY helpful:
I've never used Wine, and didn't imagine I could resolve the Flash
pains so quickly and cheaply.

,--- David E. Thiel (Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:56:14 -0700) ----*
| This works surprisingly well. One note - you may want to undefine
| LC_CTYPE if you have it set to a non-standard value, as FF seems to
| crash otherwise.
`---------------------------------------------------------*

I should add that I am now running Windows Opera on my FreeBSD 7.0
system -- and here, too, everything works surprisingly well, although
the non-native character of the browser can't be not noticed, and the
fonts' looks are much inferior to the ones in `linux-opera'.

Thank you very much for the valuable advice!

-- Alex -- alex-goncharov at comcast.net --

/*
 * To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
 *
 * -- Thomas Edison
 */