RELENG_7 pxeboot fails on SuperMicro 6012

Marco Walraven m.walraven at terantula.com
Fri Jun 13 10:53:31 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I ran into the following problem trying to pxeboot RELENG_7 on a SuperMicro 6012 system. RELENG_6 just works fine and the same RELENG_7 release pxeboots fine when I use a VMware host.

 Can't work out which disk we are booting from.
 Guessed BIOS device 0xffffff not fund by probes, defaulting to disk0:

 can't load 'kernel'

None of the setting I have specified in /boot/loader.conf especially vfs.root.mountfrom="ufs:/dev/md0c" pop up when asking for the configured variables.

Any clues ?

 Marco

--
 Terantula - Industrial Strength Open Source
 phone:+31 64 3232 400 / www: http://www.terantula.com / pgpkey: E7EE7A46