Laptop suggestions?

Zaphod Beeblebrox zbeeble at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 22:40:41 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 5:43 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg at britannica.bec.de
> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 05:23:46PM -0400, Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
> > That said, an OS-level suspend-to-disk would be an awesome summer-of-code
> > project.
>
> I don't think it is feasible as SoC project without previous knowledge
> and interaction with at least the ACPI suspend-to-RAM code (or
> alternative the low-level boot code) and VM knowledge (both MI and MD).
> I believe it can be done in 3 month though.

Actually, the point I was tryinng to make is that the os implemented
suspend-to-disk doesn't need any knowledge of ACPI or any other
dependancies.  VM knowledge, yes.  Some inventive design for (re) opening
file handles and other system resources... but the mess that is ACPI doesn't
seem to be needed for this.