Free Hardware available: HD-5500 PCHDTV Card.
frtzkatz at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 04:10:31 UTC 2008
I have 3 cards to be given away, $129 value. There is a catch -- you need to volunteer to port the card to FreeBSD and make your modifications publically available. Join and contribute to an open source effort to enable Video4Linux drivers to run on BSD here:
You will need:
- Access to NTSC/ATSC broadcast signals. (US, Canada, S.Korea, ..).
- A FreeBSD development system
- Also, a Linux development system with Video4Linux and full kernel source for reference might be helpful.
The HD-5500 Hi Definition Television PCI Card is an universal PCI 2.2 compliant card. The card receives NTSC, ATSC and Cable/QAM Signals and converts them to digital streams which are transported across the PCI bus. Display and MPEG2 decoding are done on the host computer in software and displayed on the computers monitor. The pcHDTV HD-5500 Hi Definition PCI card is based on the 5th generation LG ATSC receiver chips and Conexant's CX23883 NTSC receiver chip providing excellent HD and SD reception.
- Open source drivers and player
- Cost effective ATSC/NTSC TV reception card
- All-software HDTV decoder
- Supports all 18 ATSC compliant digital formats
- Supports unencrypted QAM 64 and QAM 256 Cable signals
- Supports NTSC Analog Television
- Up to 4 cards supported in a single system for recording and
display of multiple programs.
- Low profile universal PCI card
- Latest LG 5th generation tuner for enhanced reception
- Digital Video Recording, Time Shifting and Playback
- Accelerated HDTV support with nVidia video cards.
- Accelerated IDCT and Motion Compensation with GeForce4 Mx cards
- Accelerated Motion Compensation with GeForce4 TI cards
- Selectable Weave or One Field de-interlacing for interlaced formats
- Command line support for station scanning
- Command line support for station signal strength
- Command line support for recording
More information about the freebsd-hackers