Can I change the device of the "/" mount point at boot time.

Tapan Chaudhari tapan.list at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 19:18:57 UTC 2008

This is not exactly what I wanted. I will try to elaborate myself.
I am creating my own device which will act as a new boot slice which must be
mounted as '/'. New device will process i/o calls and then redirect the i/o
calls to original device of '/'. Now since I cannot unmount '/' and mount it
again with my new device while system is running, I will have to find a way
to tell kernel to mount my new device as '/' from next time onwards it
boots.
does anyone have suggestions on this?

Thanks,
--Tapan.