Postfix problem.

Tim Clewlow tim at clewlow.org
Mon Jul 14 14:07:54 UTC 2008

> Can you please cc: the mailinglist? Thanks.
>
> -On [20080714 15:36], Andres Chavez (fluxboxtremist at gmail.com)
> wrote:
>>postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by group maildrop:
>> /usr/sbin/
>>postdrop
>>
>>postfix/postfix-script: warning: not set-gid or not
>> owner+group+world
>>executable: /usr/sbin/postdrop
>>
>>postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail system.
>
> I would suggest:
>
> 0) clean your system from your botched attempt at installing postfix
> by
>    yourself
> 1) read
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.html
> 2) install postfix from ports/mail/postfix
>
> And take it from there?

Hi there,

I have attached the notes I gathered while making the postfix server
that is sending you this mail. In particular, pay attention to the
bit that says:

As part of the installation the port asks if it could add user
"postfix" to group "mail", I advise answering yes. It also offers to
activate postfix in /etc/mail/mailer.conf, again answer yes.

Regards, Tim.

We are BSD ... resistance is futile.
http://www.freebsd.org/ - http://www.openbsd.org/ -
http://www.netbsd.org/