Announcement: PmcTools callchain capture for RELENG_7

Joseph Koshy joseph.koshy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 19:05:16 UTC 2008

Hello List(s),

I am very pleased to announce a patch, by Fabien Thomas, that brings
PmcTools' callchain capture features to 7-STABLE.  Thank you, Fabien!

The patch is linked to from the PmcTools wiki page:
http://wiki.freebsd.org/PmcTools.

The current file name is: "patch-callchain-FreeBSD-7-STABLE-2008-07-12.gz".
As the file name indicates, it should apply against a 7-STABLE tree of
2008-07-12
vintage.

To apply the patch:
% cd /home/src-7x   # or whereever your RELENG_7 tree resides
% patch < PATCH-FILE

Then you should follow the full procedure to update userland
and kernel from source as spelled out in src/UPDATING.

Please note that HWPMC(4) log files that contain callchain information are
not binary compatible with prior versions of pmc(3) and pmcstat(8).

Please do test on your systems and let  Fabien and me know
how you fared.

Koshy