Sysinstall is still inadequate after all of these years

Rink Springer rink at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 8 19:23:40 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 05:53:45PM +0300, Mike Makonnen wrote:
> Freddie Cash wrote:
> >
> > The tricky part will be getting the disk slicing, slice partitioning,
> > and filesystem formatting to work reliably, with all the power of
> > FreeBSD's GEOM modules, and ZFS.
> >

> Actually, this is probably the easiest part (at least for UFS). The
> libdisk(3) library abstracts most of it out of the installer.

...except that libdisk(3) was supposed to be a temporary hack. I'd really
suggest that something cleaner is to be written; libdisk(3) really is
not the way to go. Have a look at the code and see for yourself.

Regards,

--
Rink P.W. Springer                                - http://rink.nu
"Anyway boys, this is America. Just because you get more votes doesn't