serial console speed

Danny Braniss danny at cs.huji.ac.il
Thu Jul 3 14:34:29 UTC 2008

> On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 03:21:14PM +0300, Danny Braniss wrote:
> > it seems that there is no way to change the speed/baudrate of the serial
> > console, for example, by turning it off in /etc/ttys, and running
> > tip(1) with different speeds has no effect, it always
> > stays at the kernel configured speed.
> >
> > is this by design?
>
> Yes.

why?

to add some more 'issues', setting
	hint.sio.1.flags="0x10"
does the redirection correctly but does not fix the speed to CONSPEED, and
stays at 9600. (BTW, this used to work).

is this by design too? :-)

I am NOT trying to start any flame here, just that setting the serial console
correctly is getting more difficult with each upgrade.

setting the serial speed means,
	compiling correctly btx, pxeboot, kernel, ilo.
now it seems that any info in /boot.config or /boot/loader.conf is also
ignored.

danny

danny