gettimeofday() in hping

Stefan Lambrev stefan.lambrev at moneybookers.com
Wed Jan 23 03:34:56 PST 2008

Hi Kris,

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Stefan Lambrev wrote:
>>
>> Kris Kennaway wrote:

>>> OK, this is the famous problem with modern CPUs that jkoshy has
>>> declined to work around :(  There are patches for this in perforce, see
>>>
>>> http://perforce.freebsd.org/changeView.cgi?CH=126189
I got hwpmc to compile (but only as module)
hwpmc: TSC/1/0x20<REA> P6/2/0x1ff<INT,USR,SYS,EDG,THR,REA,WRI,INV,QUA>
but when I try to use pmcstat I receive this error message:
pmcstat: ERROR: Initialization of the pmc(3) library failed: Device not
configured

kldstat lists hwpmc.ko as loaded and I have options HWPMC_HOOKS in my
kernel.

Any idea what's go wrong?

--

Best Wishes,