Is Elf formatdocumented anywhere?

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Tue Jan 15 15:20:03 PST 2008

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 02:46:03PM -0800, Yuri wrote:
> When I am trying to understand how Elf executable works I am only getting to few
> pages with very fragmentary information.
>
> Googling many constants like R_386_PC32, R_386_TLS_LD only yields some
> discussion references and code.
>
> Anybody knows where to read more about the Elf format? Does such document even
> exist?

ELF is fairly well documented and standardized.

Just googling for 'ELF' quickly yields the Wikipedia page
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executable_and_Linkable_Format
which contains several links to documents describing plenty of details.

You can also read the elf(5) manpage in FreeBSD

If that information is not what you are looking for you will have to ask
much more specific questions (which hopefully somebody will be able to
answer.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson