select

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Thu Jan 3 11:34:22 PST 2008

Metin KAYA wrote:
>   Hi all,
>
>   How select(2) will behave if I give the "utimeout" parameter as
>   NULL?
>
> --
> Metin KAYA
> EnderUNIX Software Developer          Endersys Software Engineer
> http://www.EnderUNIX.org/metin        http://www.Endersys.com/

In the future:
Why not try compiling a simple test program to try it out or google the
subject...? Your doing that would be more effective use of your time and
others'..

My guess is that it's implementation independent and may involve
segfaults or other 'unknown' behavior, as it's not a defined input..

-Garrett