cvs tag renaming after repo copy

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Thu Feb 28 13:59:02 UTC 2008

"Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at FreeBSD.org> writes:
> John Polstra has made a script (Fixtags) for it which we use for the
> FreeBSD repository.  I don't think he has any problems with it being
> distributed, but as it doesn't have a copyright statement i just want
> to ask before I distribute it...

Uh...  I wrote a replacement for that in 2001 (~des/bin/fixtags.pl).
I'm surprised you still use John's version, which is excruciatingly
slow, since 1) it's a shell script, 2) it's a *recursive* shell script,
3) it runs rcs twice for every modified tag.

My version was under 3-clause BSD; I just switched it to 2-clause.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no