usleep

Heiko Wundram (Beenic) wundram at beenic.net
Mon Feb 25 11:04:20 UTC 2008

Am Montag, 25. Februar 2008 11:45:02 schrieb Sharad Chandra:
> I got out-of-order captured packets on my starfire dual port card ie ack
> get lower time-stamp than its corresponding seq in tcp traffic. I don't
> have much nic card level knowledge, so decided to produce delay to send ack
> and increase it till no out-of-order packet. delay in 1000 micro seconds or
> above will not let me know the time difference figure. I am also searching
> for what kind of scheduling this card do in picking the one of buffer by
> time stamper and for what much time. Where should i look for these info?

As I noted above: if it's just for a test program, try a busy loop calling
gettimeofday (or I'd rather use clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC), but checking
clock_getres(CLOCK_MONOTONIC) if the resolution is actually high enough for
your needs) repeatedly and comparing the times until the timeout is lower or
equal to the current time. That should get you the timing resolution you
need/want (mostly).

Other than that, I'm not into NIC programming either, so I can't help you for
the rest...

--
Heiko Wundram
Product & Application Development