Synaptics Xorg driver for FreeBSD/amd64

Eygene Ryabinkin rea-fbsd at codelabs.ru
Mon Feb 18 14:15:37 UTC 2008

Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 02:49:00PM +0100, Giulio Ferro wrote:
> Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
>> Please, try again if you have some spare time.
>
> Ok. Now the server starts,

Good ;))

> but the mouse pointer isn't moving...

Bad :((

> in the ServerLayout section I have this:
>    #InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
>    InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"
>   InputDevice     "Synaptics_Touchpad"    "CorePointer"

And if you'll try
'InputDevice "Synaptics_Touchpad" "CorePointer" "SendCoreEvents"'?

I have it in my Synaptics config @i386 and I vaguely recall that
this was needed to enable the touchpad and USB mouse to work together.
May be this will fix your problems.

If not, drop me a letter, I'll try to get the real hardware into
my hands and test it.  But this likely won't be done until the end
of the week, sorry.
--
Eygene