licensing question APSL

Volker volker at vwsoft.com
Thu Feb 14 07:12:21 UTC 2008

While working through the PR backlog, I found two PRs filed containing
source code for two tools (decomment, relpath) under the Apple Public
Source License (APSL).

I think these tools aren't that bad but before pinging any committer
with that, I thought I might throw the question on the table: What
about importing code under the APSL license? Has there been any
consensus in the past about that license?

I'm not a lawyer but the license seems to be reasonable suited for the
BSD projects.

PRs in question: bin/67307 bin/67308

PR submitter is the author of the tools.

Thanks

Volker