fs/udf: vm pages "overlap" while reading large dir

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Tue Feb 12 16:08:16 UTC 2008

on 12/02/2008 17:58 Bruce Evans said the following:
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> And the actual reading works correctly because udf_strategy is called
>> for such vnodes and it translates block numbers from physical to logical
>> and also correctly re-calculates b_iooffset for actual reading. So
>> b_iooffset value set in breadn() (using bdtob) is completely ignored.
>
> Is this setting ever used (and the corresponding setting for writing)
> ever used?

Bruce,

replying only to this part (digesting the others): yes, it is used by
g_vfs_strategy which is a bufobj startegy after g_vfs_open. It passes
b_iooffset as is to bio_offset.

P.S. of course, I am speaking about the current sources - I know you
have almost an OS of your own, kidding :-)

--
Andriy Gapon