Strange "changed paths" in svn commits

Rick C. Petty rick-freebsd2008 at kiwi-computer.com
Fri Dec 12 07:58:34 PST 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 01:15:17PM +0200, Artis Caune wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it how merging works or I'm missing something?

I suspect you've run into a well-known svn bug that affects "svn merge".  I
thought they had fixed it with subversion 1.5.4, but apparently it's still
around.  When doing a merge, it seems to randomly touch a bunch of files..
it only updates the svn:mergeinfo property on those files, but it's still
annoying.  Whenever I do a merge, I always merge into a working copy, then
double-check the work with "svn diff" before committing.  When I see it
bring in extra files, I just do a revert on those, then the commit is
clean.

I'm hoping the tigris folks are working on this issue.

-- Rick C. Petty