Enhancing cdboot [patch for review]

Jonathan McKeown jonathan+freebsd-hackers at hst.org.za
Wed Dec 10 22:53:28 PST 2008

While you're enhancing cdboot anyway, can I ask how complicated it would be to
make cdboot serial-console capable? (I'm not a C programmer, I'm a sysadmin -
but I'd be prepared to try and look at this myself if no-one else is
interested).

As it stands, the only way I've found to do a serial-console CD-based
installation is by enabling the serial console in /boot/loader.conf, by which
time you've already missed several useful points, particularly the entry to
BIOS settings (if you have a serial-capable BIOS).

Jonathan