Syscons with xterm emulation: one step closer to UTF-8 support?

Tim Kientzle kientzle at freebsd.org
Sun Dec 7 11:55:16 PST 2008

Ed Schouten wrote:

> A couple of weeks ago I started working on a library (libteken) that
> implements a subset of features (escape sequences) of xterm, our trusty
> X11 terminal application.

Ed,

VT100 emulation in syscons is a great idea.

The first time ;-) I implemented VT100 emulation I didn't
know about all of the VT100 and VT220 torture tests
floating around.  If you haven't already, I strongly
suggest you track down some of them.  The various
VT100 "movies" are useful tests and kind of fun to watch.

Tim