Why FreeBSD not popular on hardware vendors

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Sun Dec 7 00:40:58 PST 2008

> manufacturers of hardware. More recently there were times when anybody from

because managers/bosses concentrate on majority, not minority of users.

> manufacturers did not notice Linux. However now it is possible to find a few

> given out "put normal OS - their list is at us on a site and then we will

i recommend you to find "normal shop" to buy hardware, that allow you to
fully test computer before buying.

if you think there are larger (even hundreds means larger) start selling
"FreeBSD compatible computers" in your area!

You could make money on that, many people will easily spend 100$ more for
computer that is already tested 100% FreeBSD compatible.

All you have to do is to test/check lots of different parts of hardware if
it actually work with FreeBSD fine, and make computers from that parts.