IPMI shared ethernet ports (again).

Zaphod Beeblebrox zbeeble at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 10:10:14 PST 2008

I posted here a month or two ago about being amazed that some system
management cards can share a physical ethernet port.  Some of you responded
that it doesn't always work.

Well... I've encountered this and I'm wondering if I can work around it
somehow.

The ones that work are in Dell 1950-III servers (The R-200 seem to work,
too).  They have "bce" driver ports.

The HP DL/360 that I have here today have "bge" driver ports and the IPMI
console appears to stop working just as soon as FreeBSD probes the port.

Is this something that can be configured in BGE or is it just not going to
work?