AMD64 qemu completely broken?

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 11:05:06 PST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Zaphod Beeblebrox <zbeeble at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 6:27 AM, Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Are you running the ports version, or a different version, and/or are
>> you using kqemu (I've heard this was broken, in the past)? My group at
>> Cisco has several issues with older versions of qemu for PPC and when
>> we applied patches, it improved support greatly in some cases, and
>> introduced bugs in other cases =\.
>>
>> I'd definitely hit the devel list for QEMU and see what they say while
>> you're waiting for a more substantial reply here.
>
> I'm using the ports version.  I am using kqemu... although I can try without
> the kernel module later today.
>
> How out-of-date is the port?

1. Try without kqemu :) (or at least rebuild it, then disable it if
you continue to run into problems).
2. emulators/qemu is the latest stable, but there are typically a
number of changes floating out in the devel branch
(emulators/qemu-devel) that might be of interest to you:

[root at optimus /store]# grep -r ^PORTVERSION /usr/ports/emulators/qemu*
/usr/ports/emulators/qemu/Makefile:PORTVERSION= 0.9.1
/usr/ports/emulators/qemu-devel/Makefile:PORTVERSION=   0.9.1s.20080620

-Garrett