TCSBRK not implemented in linux compat

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Tue Dec 2 14:13:50 PST 2008

Hello Arjan,

* Arjan van der Velde <noresult at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> While trying to get a linux binary running on FreeBSD I encountered the
> following problem during serial port I/O.
>
> Dec  1 22:22:34 soekris kernel: linux: pid 7239 (linuxbinary): ioctl
> fd=0, cmd=0x5409 ('T',9) is not implemented
>
> 0x5409  turns out to be TCSBRK, which is not implemented (yet?). Can
> anyone give me some clues where / how to start implementing this? It
> seems like the linux way of handling it is to call tcdrain(), but I'm
> not sure as to how this translates to the FreeBSD compat layer.

I think you could just make it call TIOCDRAIN directly. Unfortunately
that's not correct if the argument is 0, because then we have to call
TIOCSBRK and TIOCCBRK with a 250 msec interval. I guess adding some kind
of printf() there should be good enough for now.

I can't look into it right now, because I have to get up at 6:15
tomorrow. Sorry! :-/

--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/