Call for testers - new ichwd ids

Pegasus Mc Cleaft ken at mthelicon.com
Wed Aug 27 00:37:43 UTC 2008

On Monday 25 August 2008 12:52:48 Olivier SMEDTS wrote:
> Hello hackers,
>
> If you have an Intel ICH chipset and the ichwd driver doesn't work for
> you, please test this patch :

Oliver,

	Thanks for the patch, but sadly this didnt help the situation I have with my
motherboard. It identifies the ICH9R chipset, but sadly looks like the
motherboard company has disabled the watchdog action. I have already spoken to
the motherboard producers and they sware they have not, but looking at the
code I cant see any other explanation for the behavior.

	The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5  Bios F7 (latest)

Output is:
ichwd0: <Intel ICH9R watchdog timer> on isa0
ichwd0: ICH WDT present but disabled in BIOS or hardware
device_attach: ichwd0 attach returned 6

	I looked at the datasheet for the ICH9 chipset and I believe they have a
pull-up on the speaker line that is telling the chip to disable the watchdog
functions.

Peg