the future of sun4v

Kip Macy kmacy at freebsd.org
Thu Aug 21 21:42:56 UTC 2008

I apologise for cross-posting.

I believe that there is a general expectation by freebsd users and
developers that unsupported code should not be in CVS. Although sun4v
is a very interesting platform for developers doing SMP work, I simply
do not have the time or energy to maintain it. If someone else would
like to step up and try his hand I would be supportive of his efforts.
In the likely event that no one steps forward by the time that 7.1 is
released I will ask that it be moved to the Attic.

Thanks,
Kip