Disk quotas out of sync

Simon simon at optinet.com
Mon Aug 18 23:43:50 UTC 2008

Hello All,

I sent this to freebsd-questions but it went unanswered, hoping for better
luck here. The issue I'm trying to resolve is this:

Ever since I went from 6.x to 7.0-R I have started experiencing disk quotas
getting out of sync with the actual amount used. For example, a user with
100GB used disk space suddenly shows usage of only 80GB as if the data
is gone, but it isn't. This forces me to run quotacheck -av often.  Was
something changed regarding quotas in 7.0-R? Nobody else noticed this issue?
I have this issue across multiple, different hardware, servers running 7.0-R

Thank you for any insight and help in advance!

-Simon